Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Cold front moving in...

Yep, we've had a "cold front." Within the past couple weeks we've had a few days of being decked out in jeans, sweatshirts, and yes some have even been sporting socks and shoes. I actually opened my sleeping bag last night for the first time since I've been here. We checked the temperature, a whopping 77 degrees! Yes, we've definitely acclimated to the weather. I don't even want to think about how cold I'll be when I get back to the Midwest.
Our assignments have been winding down and we only have one more speaker after this week is over. We've had our geography quiz. We had to locate 100 countries on a map and list 50 capitals. We only have one book report and a gospel presentation left before lecture phase is over.
A couple weeks ago we broke into two groups and had mini outreaches. My group headed to San Ignacio on the mainland of Belize. We spent time helping clean up yards and hanging out with kids. Each of us was challenged and our faith was increased over the few days we were gone. It was great coming back together as one group to hear how God had worked in different ways through the two groups.
It's crazy to think that our lecture phase is winding down. Soon we'll be heading to Thailand. Right now we're thinking we may be flying out there on Thanksgiving day. We're all getting excited to start outreach, but we know God has more in store for us before we head over there. Because we are going to Thailand for our outreach, we each have to pay an additional $2000 to cover expenses. If you feel lead to support me financially during my outreach phase please zip me an email (t.verdegan@gmail.com) or checks can be sent to my home address(listed on the right side of my blog).
Personally God has been challenging me in the way I receive His blessings. I tend to think I need to earn them, or that I must go through a difficult circumstance before being blessed. During our outreach He started challenging me and I've been recognizing this wrong pattern of thinking more and more in my life. Through various ways, God has been speaking to me about the desires of my heart and the more specific things I am passionate about. It is overwhelming to acknowledge the dreams that God has put within my heart. Yet, it's even more overwhelming seeing them come into fruition. With God, life sure is an adventurous journey and I'm loving it!

No comments:

Post a Comment