Sunday, February 7, 2010

goodbyes, hellos, and the Ande Mountains...

The past few weeks have been packed full of transitions. We wrapped up our Outreach in Thailand and started our trek back home on January 21. It was hard to say goodbye to the children at Sila Home, but I am soooo thankful we were able to spend a few weeks with them. It was the part of our Outreach that impacted me the most. It´s crazy how connected you can become with children even when you cannot speak the same language!

I was very excited that it worked out for me to be in the United States briefly before leaving for my internship. However, I was NOT excited about the negative temperatures waiting for me. Our tickets from Thailand flew us into Los Angeles, where one of my best friends happens to live. It worked out perfectly for me to spend a few days with her seeing her life out in California. Then I headed back to Wisconsin to see friends and family. I was thinking I would have a very restful time while being home, but my time was pretty packed full. I ended up looking forward to my long plane ride for some rest.

Last Thursday, the 4th, I left for my internship. I arrived in Mendoza, Argentina on Friday the 5th. I was a little nervous when I looked online at the weather for Mendoza and saw 104 degrees...but thankfully it is a dry heat! Nothing like the humidity of Belize.
I will be spending the next few months at the YWAM base in Mendoza which is located in the foothills of the Ande Mountains.

http://www.ywammendoza.com/

So far I am really enjoying being here. Everyone has been very welcoming and patient with me since I´m not exactly a pro at Spanish. Thanks for your prayers! They are deeply appreciated!

No comments:

Post a Comment